CASE STUDY 1 – Fear of Operation and Traumatic Memories of a Classroom Incident Disappear
Back to Case Studies Home
Name: “Nina” (not real name)
Nina needed to go to hospital for surgery and was feeling anxious about waiting for surgery to occur. Nina tried to avoid surgery but knew it needed to be done. Nina felt very alone and fearful at the thought of having to undergo surgery and the anaesthetic. During the session Nina remembered a traumatic incident which occurred whist being at school whereby the teacher threw a book at her.
1. How you explained EFT to the client and how you initially demonstrated it to them.
We are all made of energy. EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques is similar to acupuncture except no needles are used. Acupuncture is 1000’s of years old and what they work on is allowing the stuck energy to flow freely through the body to eliminate the pain. Similar to acupuncture we too use some of the same points but we tap with our fingers (tapped on eyebrow, outside eye, under eye, collar bone wrist) to create the energy to flow releasing, physical, psychological and spiritual changes.
2. How you isolated issues to be worked.
3. If muscle testing was used. If PR was present and if so how it was neutralised.
No muscle testing was used. Tapping on the karate chop and using set-up affirmations below
4. What set-up affirmations were used and how you decided what words to use.
5. The reminder phrases that were used.
This fear. Being alone. Feeling like a failure. Teacher putting me down. Teacher threw a book at me.
6. Which points were tapped - a full sequence or shortcuts.
Eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, chin, collarbone, wrist
7. The methods used to address the issues and why these were chosen.
8. How far the issue was resolved, and how this was assessed.
We could not tell whether we had healed the cyst. However the classroom issue was completely changed. Nina was in total state change and could barely recall the original scene.
9. If partial resolution of an issue occurred, what you did next.
Tapped on the Karate chop and then restated the setup phrase
10. What was done if real world testing was not possible at that time.
SUDs testing was used throughout the session
11. Whether there were any shifts of aspect or issue.
The emotion of the cyst reminded Nina of a traumatic incident in school
12. Whether there were any cognitive shifts.
Nina had a huge shift about a traumatic experience that occurred at school. Nina could see the teachers face very vividly and the emotions and what occurred. Nina’s concept of the situation changed to a happy and positive one
13. Which questions were asked to reach deeper levels of issues.
14. How affirmations were framed and reframed.
15. Each case study should include a summary of the overall treatment.
Were you successful?
When we commenced Nina was anxious, fearful and dreading the operation. Upon completion Nina was calm, relaxed and confident the operation would be a success and was not frightened at all about the anaesthetic or being alone while recovering.
Treatment included Faster EFT, Visualisation, Movie technique together with Matrix Reimprinting followed by Stacey Vornbrock’s method.
Treatment used was Visualisation together with Faster EFT, Stacey Vornbrock and Matrix Reimprinting.
16. Is there more work to do with that client? If they come to you again what would you like to address next?
To assist with blocks to achieving Nina’s goals